Friday, April 29, 2011

Would You Like a Spot of Tea?

I've been up since 4am to watch the Royal Wedding coverage. I think I could use more than one cup of tea to get me through the rest of today.

Was that wedding beautiful, or what? I loved seeing all of the funky hats, but the most wonderful part was the anticipation leading up to Kate's arrival.

There had been so much speculation of what her gown would be. I myself had always thought it would be a full skirt, like she had, but I wasn't convinced it would be lace. What a pleasant surprise, it was. Her gown, designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen was reminiscent of one of my favorite gowns of all time-- Grace Kelly's. Hopefully this is a sign for the return of the lace sleeve wedding gown.

Kate MIddleton's incredible gown.
Grace Kelly, in 1956.
The music, Westminster Abbey, a prince, it could not have been more of a fairytale. Kate Middleton was so composed and regal. I would have been a giggling buffoon, had I been in her shoes.

I will remember this morning for the rest of my life! I sat in my living room with a robe and a tiara, nearly brought to tears by the marvelous ceremony. My phone is nearly dead from the frantic text messaging I did with family and friends. I think Twitter may explode!

What a morning!

Now, how will I get on with the rest of my day? My life now seems dull and common!

3 comments:

Katie Joy said...

Do you have anything else you want to blog about?

Tamil Matrimony Coimbatore said...

Your ability to share Information is a talent and very appreciated.

Indian Matrimonial Sevices said...

Indian Matrimonial Services
In marriage, many days will bring happiness, where we meet our life partner, two hearts can overcome everything…In marriage, all of the moment is exciting and unforgettable.